About Corston Couture
The Corston Couture gown is defined by an undeniable romantic style. Always with a twist, be it edgy or quirky, sometimes with a nod to a bygone era, but always fresh and trend forward.
Corston Couture gowns are available to view and try on at our salon in Paddington, Sydney, located in a heritage-listed grand Victorian terrace in the tradition of the bygone era of exclusive couture houses.
We have a very private showroom downstairs booked exclusively for one bride at a time, while our Corston Couture work rooms are located upstairs.
Corston Couture gowns are also available to view and try on at Bluebell Bridal (Melbourne), The Ivory Room (Sydney), Ghost Orchid Bride (UK) and The Ivory Concept (US), with more stockists being added.
- Twice per year a Ready-To-Wear (RTW) collection of around 10 gowns is released.
- Our Sydney showroom keeps samples of the latest three collections in house; Our registered stockists keep the most popular designs for brides to view and try on.
- The dresses in the RTW gowns range in price from $3,900 to $6,900
- This price in an inclusive price - it includes the dresses being made to the bride’s measurements, as well as all fittings required to ensure the dress fits perfectly!
Custom RTW Gowns (SYDNEY SHOWROOM ONLY)
- In the case of a bride not finding her perfect gown in the Ready-To-Wear collections, we can also take any patterns or dress shapes the bride loves and customise them to her liking.
- This increases the price of gowns, but often it is not a great deal more expensive and it gives the opportunity for the bride to choose a Ready-To-Wear style she loves and add her personal touch.
Bespoke Custom Gowns (SYDNEY SHOWROOM ONLY)
- For the bride that desires a gown exclusively designed and created for her.
- Bespoke Custom Gowns start at $6000
- Free one hour consultation with head designer, Coral Johnston, that brides can take advantage of before deciding this is the service they would like to move forward with.
- Custom gowns take 6 to 9 months to create; rush orders can be done on the majority of the designs but may incur a rush fee.
- All gowns are made in Sydney in Corston Couture's workrooms above our showroom in Paddington.
- Gowns are always booked to be ready for pick up 2 to 3 weeks before the wedding date.
Coral Johnston, founder and head designer of Corston Couture, has always had a fascination with textiles and design. Even as a young child she kept notebooks with sketches of shoes and clothes she thought of designing.
Coral’s mother was a high school teacher specializing in sewing & cooking. Under her direction Coral started sewing from the age of 5. By the age of 15 she was making the majority of her own clothing, either from fabric pieces and vogue patterns or remodelling thrift shop finds.
While studying science at The University of Newcastle she set up a side business repairing and making shirts. After leaving university, realizing that a career in science was not for her, she registered the “Corston” name and really focused on building her skills and business in the bespoke fashion industry.
It wasn’t long before girlfriends and wives of her clients requested she create evening dresses and bridal gowns, and so her rapid launch into bridal began.
Having hired and worked with many incredible people over the years, the many and varied lessons these women (and men) have shared have been absolutely invaluable in improving and perfecting Coral's way of working and ultimately the unique craft that is Corston Couture.
By 2014 Coral’s workload of bespoke gowns was increasing significantly and despite the most wonderful seamstresses helping her, it was getting too much. So it was decided that Corston Couture would produce two Ready-To-Wear collections per year to help manage the number of Couture dresses being booked.
These collections have been extremely well received and the current list of Corston Couture RTW stockists continues to grow.